GS Paper 1 UPSC 2021
- Total Marks: 250 marks, Time duration: 3 hours.
- There are 20 questions printed both in ENGLISH and HINDI.
- All questions are compulsory.
- The number of marks carried by a question/part is printed against it.
- Answers must be written in the medium authorized in the admission certificate which must be stated clearly on the cover of this question-cum-answer (QCA) booklet in the space provided.
- No marks will be given for answers written in the medium other than the authorized one.
- Answers to questions no. 1 to 10 should be in 150 words, whereas answers to questions no. 11 to 20 should be in 250 words.
- Keep the word limit indicated in the questions in mind.
- Any page or portion of the page left blank, must be struck off clearly.
- The content of the answer is more important than its length.
General Studies Paper 1(GS PAPER 1 2021)
Question Paper – UPSC Civil Services Main Exam (Written) 2021
Qn1. Evaluate the nature of the Bhakti Literature and its contribution to Indian culture. (Answer in 150 words) 10
Qn2. Trace the rise and growth of socio-religious reform movements with special reference to Young Bengal and Brahmo Samaj. (Answer in 150 words) 10
Qn3. Assess the main administrative issues and socio-cultural problems in the integration process of Indian Princely States. (Answer in 150 words) 10
Qn4. Differentiate the causes of landslides in the Himalayan region and the Western Ghats. (Answer in 150 words) 10
Qn5. Despite India being one of the countries of the Gondwanaland, its mining industry contributes much less to its Gross Domestic Product(GDP) in percentage. Discuss. (Answer in 150 words) 10
(GS PAPER 1 2021)
Qn6. What are the environmental implications of the reclamation of the water bodies into urban land use? Explain with examples. (Answer in 150 words) 10
Qn7. Mention the global occurrence of volcanic eruptions in 2021 and their impact on the regional environment. (Answer in 150 words) 10
Qn8. Why is India considered a subcontinent? Elaborate on your answer. (Answer in 150 words) 10
Qn9. Examine the uniqueness of the tribal knowledge system when compared with mainstream knowledge and cultural systems. (Answer in 150 words) 10
Qn10. Examine the role of the ‘Gig Economy’ in the process of empowerment of women in India. (Answer in 150 words) 10
Qn11. To what extent did the role of the moderates prepare a base for the wider freedom movement? Comment. (Answer in 250 words) 15
Qn13. ” There arose a serious challenge to the Democratic State System between the two World Wars.” Evaluate the statement. (Answer in 250 words) 15
(GS PAPER 1 2021)
Qn14. Briefly mention the alignment of major mountain ranges of the world and explain their impact on local weather conditions, with examples. (Answer in 250 words) 15
Qn15. How does the melting of the Arctic ice and glaciers of the Antarctic differently affect the weather patterns and human activities on the Earth? Explain. (Answer in 250 words) 15
Qn16. Discuss the multi-dimensional implications of the uneven distribution of mineral oil in the world. (Answer in 250 words) 15
Qn17. What are the main socio-economic implications arising out of the development of IT industries in major cities of India? (Answer in 250 words) 15
Qn18. Discuss the main objectives of Population Education and point out the measures to achieve them in India in detail. (Answer in 250 words) 15
Qn19. What is Cryptocurrency? How does it affect global society? Has it been affecting Indian society also? (Answer in 250 words) 15
Qn20. How does Indian society maintain continuity in traditional social values? Enumerate the changes taking place in it. (Answer in 250 words) 15
GS paper 1 2021