Punjab PCS General Studies(Full Syllabus) Batch Details:
- STARTS 25TH JUNE
- 85 PLUS ONLINE CLASSES APPROX.
- 170 PLUS HOURS OF CLASSES
- COMPLETE COVERAGE OF SYLLABUS
- ENTIRE GENERAL STUDIES SYLLABUS WILL BE COVERED COMPREHENSIVELY.
- STUDY MATERIAL PDFS TO BE PROVIDED
General Studies Syllabus for Punjab PCS
1. Everyday Science
- States of matter, Structure of atom, versatile nature of carbon. Acids, bases, salts, corrosion in
metals, Action of soaps.
- Public health initiatives, mother and child health, Immunisation & vaccination, HIV-AIDS, TB, polio etc.
- Life on Earth – evolution, marine & terrestrial life, Human body, and life processes, nutrition, disease – its causes & prevention, infectious diseases, lifestyle diseases.
- Force-laws of motion & gravitation, Archimedes principle. Energy – kinetic & potential.
- Light – reflection & refraction – concepts and applications. Sound – propagation & reflection- concepts and applications. Electric current – concepts and applications.
- Computers and telecommunication – concepts and applications.
2. Environmental studies
- Atmospheric circulation & weather system, water cycle.
- Composition and structure of the atmosphere. Solar system – heat, balance & temperature.
- Climate change – fossil fuels, greenhouse gases, renewable energy, clean development mechanism, carbon credits.
- Water – oceans, rivers, glaciers, lakes, groundwater etc. Biodiversity & conservation.
- Soil – types, crops, food chain etc. Pollution and toxicity etc.
3. Political theory & international order
- Basic concept of freedom, equality, social justice, rights & duties, citizenship, nationalism, secularism etc.
- United Nations and its organs/agencies, other international organisations like the World
Bank, IMF, WTO, EU, G20, BRICS etc. and their role in the World peace, trade &
4. Indian polity
- Basic features, provisions, schedules of the Indian Constitution, key amendments.
- Panchayati Raj. Elections – People’s Representation Act, electoral reforms. Rise of regionalism and coalition politics.
- Armed challenges to the Indian state since independence
5. History of India
- The Indus valley civilization.
- The Aryan and the Vedic age. Jainism and Buddhism.
- The Maurya Gupta periods.
- Advent of Islam and Sultanate period (political, social & cultural). The Bhakti Movement.
- The Mughals (political, social & cultural till Aurangzeb).
- The coming of the European Powers and the advent of the British rule.
- The Mutiny of 1857.
- The British rule and the Indian National Movement (1857-1947)
- World History- The Renaissance and the Industrial Revolution in Europe. The American Revolution 1776.
- The French Revolution 1789.
- The Russian Revolution 1917.
- World Wars I & II.
6. Indian Economy(Punjab PCS General Studies)
- Indian economic development (1950-1991) – key economic policies, public sector dominance, bank nationalization etc.
- Five-year plans – key goals and main achievements.
- Liberalisation, privatisation and globalisation era since 1991 – key policies, decisions and results.
- Performance of Indian economy since 1991 – Growth, fiscal & revenue deficits, trade, commerce & balance of payments, inflation, Growth of service sector.
- Key challenges and responses – agriculture and food security, industrialisation, poverty alleviation & employment, rural & urban infrastructure, social sector – health, education etc.
7. Geography(Punjab PCS General studies)
- Population – distribution, density, growth, and comparison. Migration – types, causes, and consequences.
- Human development. Human Settlements. Land resources and agriculture.
- Water resources.
- Mineral and energy resources. Manufacturing industries.
- Planning and sustainable development in India. Transport and communication.
- International trade.
- Geographical perspective on selected issues and problems.
8. Current events of national and international importance
- Geography- Geographical and agro-climatic regions, rivers, water resources, sharing of waters,
demographics, human development indices
- People, Society, and Culture- Major personalities in the history of Punjab, religious movements, major religions & spiritual personalities, Punjabi literature, folklore, performing arts, fine arts
- History- Sufis, saints and gurus, Lodhis and Mughals, Sikh rulers, the British period, the nationalist movement in Punjab, Punjab in independent India.
- Economy- Agriculture, animal husbandry, industrial & service sectors, major occupations,
development & economic growth, public finance (including central-state fiscal issues), public sector institutions, cooperatives etc.
Punjab PCS 2020 General Studies