. PM-KISAN Scheme
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE & FARMERS’ WELFARE
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, COOPERATION & FARMERS’ WELFARE
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a Central Sector scheme with 100% funding from Government of India.The Scheme is effective from 1.12.2018.
- Under the Scheme an income support of Rs.6000/- per year is provided to all farmer families across the country in three equal installments of Rs.2000/- each every four months.
The scheme aims to supplement the financial needs of all landholding farmers’ families in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income as well as for domestic needs. Under the Scheme an amount of Rs.6000/- per year is released by the Central Government online directly into the bank accounts of the eligible farmers under Direct Benefit Transfer mode, subject to certain exclusions.
- Definition of family for the Scheme is husband, wife and minor children.
- The entire responsibility of identification of beneficiary farmer families rests with the State / UT Governments.
- The fund is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- Farmers covered under the Exclusion Criteria of the Operational Guidelines are not eligible for the benefit of the Scheme.
- For enrollment, the farmer is required to approach the local patwari / revenue officer / Nodal Officer (PM-Kisan) nominated by the State Government.
- The Common Service Centres (CSCs) have also been authorized to do registration of the farmers for the Scheme upon payment of fees.
- Farmers can also do their self-registration through the Farmers Corner in the portal.
- Farmers can also edit their names in PM-Kisan database as per their Aadhaar database / card through the Farmers Corner in the portal.
- Farmers can also know the status of their payment through the Farmers Corner in the portal.
- The following categories of beneficiaries of higher economic status shall not be eligible for benefit under the scheme.
(a) All Institutional Land holders.
(b) Farmer families in which one or more of its members belong to following categories
- i) Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- ii) Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- iii) All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies
(Excluding Multi Tasking Staff /Class IV/Group D employees)
- vi)All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more
(Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of above category
- v) All Persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment year
vi) Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices